GDPR - Data, systems, processes and people
With new GDPR legislation in sight, the path to data protection compliance has just become a little steeper for most organisations. The pitfalls are also likely to be greater once the May milestone passes – with both heftier fines available to regulators, and a greater risk that mishandling data could end up damaging the trust your customers have in your products and brand.
But it isn’t all bad news with GDPR. A well-run review of data, systems and processes can deliver benefits over-and-above compliance. In addition to enhancing trust in your company, well managed data can significantly improve the way you interact with customers, yielding more fruitful relationships.
To deliver on all that GDPR demands, a structured and methodical approach is required – an approach that considers not only data, and systems, but also processes. And, increasingly, full compliance is going to be dependent on a much greater level of understanding amongst your employees, to help prevent data breaches and the mishandling of data.
What we can offer
- A thorough investigation of your existing landscape and current compliance levels.
- Development and management of a Compliance Readiness Dashboard.
- Identification and documentation of a GDPR compliant path to process opportunities, assessing what you do now, and working out where you want to be.
- Strategies for effective engagement, from day one, right through to project conclusion.
- Implementation of Deployment Frameworks.
- A Compliance Roadmap that effectively combines the different streams of work.
- Clear and intuitive documentation.
- Innovative and engaging training – breaking away from traditional classrooms.
- Tools to measure and monitor ongoing compliance.
- Helping people prepare for the new ways of working.
Tackling data compliance from four directions will ensure that nothing will be missed, and if managed in an integrated way, it will reduce your overall workload and maximise the returns from the investment.
Our approach to GDPR was developed in conjunction with our clients, and is grounded in the areas where we excel:
- Process excellence.
- Knowledge and information management.
- Transformational change.
- Learning innovation.
- Creating intuitive documentation.
- Technical solutions.
We have a track record of managing change and delivering process excellence at some of the UK’s largest companies. We’d love to discuss your GDPR programme with you and provide some more details on our approach to achieving compliance. For more information, or to arrange an initial discussion, please contact [email protected]
Latest blog postsSee all blog posts
Why Process Excellence is key for a successful ERP Implementation
I have been reflecting on my experiences working on ERP implementation/upgrade programmes whilst also listening and hearing to what others have to say. I think back to these projects and notice everyone was working hectically towards the programme ‘Go – Live’ and were under the impression that once they achieved this Go - Live then we have successfully implemented a new ERP System and our job is complete. I think many people can agree with me that a Go – Live date is just the start of the journey. We have got to think about the people, culture, education, efficiency in processes and where can we reduce ‘waste’.
Being part of the conversations that need our attention – It’s a Penalty
It is not uncommon for us as humans to shy away from some discussions. It might be too difficult, make us uncomfortable or make us feel as if there is nothing we can do to make a difference. However, sometimes that is all we need to do to encourage change; have the conversation.
Why work in our Digital Enablement capability?
Digital Enablement is a fancy way of describing how technology can support and enable organisations to work smarter, flex faster and generally make day to day employee life better through effective use of technology.