GDPR - Data, systems, processes and people
With new GDPR legislation in sight, the path to data protection compliance has just become a little steeper for most organisations. The pitfalls are also likely to be greater once the May milestone passes – with both heftier fines available to regulators, and a greater risk that mishandling data could end up damaging the trust your customers have in your products and brand.
But it isn’t all bad news with GDPR. A well-run review of data, systems and processes can deliver benefits over-and-above compliance. In addition to enhancing trust in your company, well managed data can significantly improve the way you interact with customers, yielding more fruitful relationships.
To deliver on all that GDPR demands, a structured and methodical approach is required – an approach that considers not only data, and systems, but also processes. And, increasingly, full compliance is going to be dependent on a much greater level of understanding amongst your employees, to help prevent data breaches and the mishandling of data.
What we can offer
- A thorough investigation of your existing landscape and current compliance levels.
- Development and management of a Compliance Readiness Dashboard.
- Identification and documentation of a GDPR compliant path to process opportunities, assessing what you do now, and working out where you want to be.
- Strategies for effective engagement, from day one, right through to project conclusion.
- Implementation of Deployment Frameworks.
- A Compliance Roadmap that effectively combines the different streams of work.
- Clear and intuitive documentation.
- Innovative and engaging training – breaking away from traditional classrooms.
- Tools to measure and monitor ongoing compliance.
- Helping people prepare for the new ways of working.
Tackling data compliance from four directions will ensure that nothing will be missed, and if managed in an integrated way, it will reduce your overall workload and maximise the returns from the investment.
Our approach to GDPR was developed in conjunction with our clients, and is grounded in the areas where we excel:
- Process excellence.
- Knowledge and information management.
- Transformational change.
- Learning innovation.
- Creating intuitive documentation.
- Technical solutions.
We have a track record of managing change and delivering process excellence at some of the UK’s largest companies. We’d love to discuss your GDPR programme with you and provide some more details on our approach to achieving compliance. For more information, or to arrange an initial discussion, please contact [email protected]
Latest blog postsSee all blog posts
It's a Penalty
I’ll never forget my first encounter with It’s a Penalty at an event at the Brazilian embassy in London in 2015. I met a young lady called Rose who told her powerful story of exploitation and her journey to safety.
My time at Sysdoc
Sysdoc has always felt like a big family to me. There is no hierarchy at Sysdoc – you can call anyone in the organisation to ask for help or to gain their thoughts and opinions without any hesitation. Because we are a smaller business, we all know each other and as a result I feel my learning and growth has happened at a much faster pace than I could have imagined.
Buyers ... Should they work with female suppliers?
McKinsey & Company found that companies with a higher representation of women in executive positions are more likely to outperform their competitors. "Delivering Through Diversity, 2017"